Ingredients1 large whole fish (snapper or queriman)
Salt and pepper
1 cup forcemeat (see recipe)
Margarine and bread crumbs
- Scale, trim and clean the fish.
- Remove the backbone without breaking the skin.
- Rub the flesh lightly with salt and white pepper.
- Prepare the stuffing and fill the cavity.
- Secure the edges of the cavity with small skewers or sew them together.
- Dot with pats of margarine, or brush with margarine and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Place on a greased pan and bake in a moderate oven until done.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon. Serve with butter sauce.
Note: Sliced sourie may be added to the stuffing for the fish.