Ingredients½ lb pumpkin
1 pt water or stock
Eschallot, celery, thyme
1 pint milk
2 oz flour
2 oz margarine
- Cut the pumpkin into pieces.
- Put eschallot, celery and thyme tied together, into water or stock and bring to a boil. Add the pumpkin, salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer.
- Make a white sauce using margarine, flour and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the stock from the heat. Remove the bunched seasonings from the stock, and pass the remainder through a sieve.
- Add the stock to the white sauce. Adjust the flavour and consistency, adding more milk if too thick.
- Serve hot with croutons.