Ingredients1 lb stewing beef
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp oil
1 oz curry powder
½ lb yams or eddoes
Pepper and salt
- Wipe the meat and cut into large pieces.
- Chop up the onion and garlic. Separately, mix the curry powder into a paste using a little water.
- Season the meat.
- Fry the onion, garlic and curry lightly, then add meat and fry, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the meat is tender, then add the yams and eddoes. Cook until vegetables are done.
- Place the meat and vegetables in the centre of a serving dish, and pour curry gravy over. Serves 6.