8 oz butter or margarine
8 oz sugar
8 oz flour
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
2 oz finely chopped peanuts
Grated rind of 1 lemon
4 oz mixed peel
1 lb mixed dried fruit
½ oz peanut halves
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder.
- Lightly fold in the flour, a little at a time, adding the fruit, nuts and rind with the last bit of flour.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch cake pan which has been lined with greased paper. Place split nuts on top.
- Bake about 1 - 1½ hours in a moderate oven.