Ingredients2 lb fish
4 oz flour
Pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
1 dsp salad oil
½ pt tepid water
1 egg white
Lemon and parsley
1 pt oil
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add the egg yolk and tepid water, and mix to a smooth batter. Cover and set aside for ½ hour.
- Wipe the fish and cut into neat pieces. Have the oil heated to a haze point.
- Whip the egg white stiffly, and fold it into the batter.
- Dip the fish into the batter and fry it in deep fat.
- Drain well and serve, garnished with fried parsley and lemon wedges.