Ingredients½ lb cooked fish
1 tsp margarine
2 tsp flour
¼ pt milk
Pepper, salt and parsley
1 lb cooked yams, diced
1 tbsp milk
8 oz short crust pastry
- Remove the skin and bones from the fish and flake the flesh.
- Melt the margarine, add flour and milk, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Mix the fish lightly with the sauce, salt and pepper, yams, parsley and lemon juice.
- Roll out the pastry ¼ inch thick, and divide into 4 pieces (round or square).
- Place some of the mixture on each piece.
- Dampen the edges of the pastry and fold in half so that pastry covers the fish, or fold over the edges to form an envelope. Prick with a fork.
- Glaze with beaten egg and bake in hot oven for 20 - 25 minutes.