Ingredients1 lb canned red kidney beans, drained
1 lb canned wax beans, drained
1 lb boiled soy beans, drained
1 lb boiled blackeye beans, cooked
1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
2 tbsp chopped parsley
½ cup salad oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp dried tarragon leaves, crushed
½ tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- Combine the beans, pepper and onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix the sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, salt, mustard, tarragon and basil together.
- Pour this dressing mixture over the vegetables and stir.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Stir the salad occasionally while it is being chilled.
- Just before serving, stir again and drain.