Ingredients1/3 cup margarine
½ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ cup parched peanuts (chopped)
1 ¾ cups sifted flour
½ tsp salt
1 cup mashed ripe banana
- Cream the margarine and sugar together. Add the eggs and beat well, then add the peanuts.
- Sift the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder together.
- Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with banana, beating well with each addition.
- Pour into a well-greased 8 to 9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) for about an hour or until done. Cool on a rack.