Ingredients1 small fish or cutlets of fish
Butter or margarine
Salt and pepper
Eschallot, finely chopped
Tomato (for cavity)
- Use small fish or slices or cutlets from a large one. Scale, trim and clean the fish.
- Butter both sides, season with pepper and salt, and if desired, put finely chopped eschallot and tomato into the cavity left by cleaning.
- Grill for a few minutes on both sides, turning very carefully once only to prevent breaking up.
- When cooked, fish should look "set" like hard-boiled egg, and should be golden brown.
- Serve with butter sauce or white sauce.