Ingredients1 ham, about 6 lb
1 bottle cider
½ pt vinegar
3 bay leaves
3 large pieces of mace
3 large pieces of cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp ground cloves, or 6 whole cloves
Tangerines or oranges
Watercress or parsley
- Soak the ham to remove excess salt, then wipe the ham dry.
- Combine the cider, vinegar, bay leaves, mace, cinnamon, peppercorns, ginger and cloves.
- Cook the ham in the cider mixture for about 2 hours or until ham is cooked (skin comes away easily when cooked). This may be done either by boiling or baking.
- Remove the skin and score.
- Rub brown sugar over the surface, interface tangerines or oranges and bake in hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Garnish and serve with watercress or parsley.