Recipe compliments of "A Taste of Guyana" - Dr. Odeen Ishmael.
Ingredients1 large lemon
4 oz flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
½ oz margarine
1 oz sugar
- Grate rind of lemon. Squeeze out and strain the juice.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Rub in the margarine.
- Stir in the sugar, lemon rind, egg, and enough lemon juice to make a fairly soft dough.
- Roll out to half inch in thickness.
- Use a small glass or cookie cutter to cut out as many as it will make and bake until golden brown.