Ingredients2 lb pork in one piece
¼ lb lap chung
12 bundles pakchoy (bok choy)
½ lb pumpkin
2 lb low mein noodles
4 tbsp oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vetsin
Seasoning for Pork3 tbsp sugar
½ tsp Chinese spice
2 tbsp shee yow
½ tbsp vetsin
2 tsp salt
- De-bone the pork, remove the skin and excess fat, and season with all the seasonings listed.
- Heat a little oil in a baking pan, put the pork in, and roast at 400°F for 1 hour.
- Cut the pakchoy coarsely, and cut the pumpkin lengthwise.
- Cook the lap chung in boiling water for 15 minutes, then thinly slice diagonally.
- Boil the pakchoy and pumpkin for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and add 2 teaspoons of salt and 4 tablespoons of oil.
- When the pork is cooked, remove and cut into thin strips.
- Put the noodles into boiling salted water, then remove and strain when the water comes back to a boil.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil, the vetsin and 4 tablespoons of shee yow to the noodles.
- Place the noodles on a dish. Arrange the vegetables on top with sliced pork and lap chung.
- Garnish with shredded omelette and chopped eschallot.