Ingredients8 oz flour
1 tsp baking powder
8 oz margarine
8 oz sugar
4 eggs, beaten
Decoration10 tbsp pineapple jam
6 oz grated coconut
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together.
- Cream the sugar and the margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs a little at a time, creaming thoroughly after each addition. Fold in the flour with a metal spoon.
- Half-fill 25 well-greased dariole pans, and bake in the centre of a hot oven for 12 minutes until firm and golden brown. Remove and cool on a wire tray.
- Heat the jam gently to soften. Insert a fork into the base of the cakes and spread the jam over the sides and top.
- Put the coconut onto a flat plate or sheet of grease proof paper. Press the coconut onto the sides of the cake with a spatula.
- Decorate the top of each cake with half a glacÃ© cherry.