Ingredients6 oz short crust pastry
6 oz minced raw beef
6 oz yams or eddoes
Eschallot and celery
Salt and pepper
- Make the pastry.
- Cut the yams into small cubes, chop the onion and mix both into the minced beef.
- Season carefully, add chopped eschallot and celery and divide into 4 portions. Moisten with stock.
- Divide the pastry into 4 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a round 1/8 inch thick, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place mixture on each round, dampen edges of pastry, and fold in half so that the pastry covers the meat or brings edges to the centre.
- Glaze with beaten egg and bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat and cook for 1 hour.