Ingredients½ lb minced beef
4 oz cooked yams
4 oz bread crumbs
Pepper and salt
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1 tbsp savoury sauce or stock
- Crush the yams and chop up the onions and herbs.
- Mix all the ingredients together into a stiff dough and season to taste.
- Form into a ball. Roll on a lightly floured board, cut into 1 inch thick slices, and shape into neat round cakes.
- Coat with beaten eggs and crumbs.
- Fry quickly on both sides in hot oil, then reduce the heat and fry slowly until just firm.
- Serve with brown gravy. Serves 4.