- 1-2 lb okra (fresh)
- ¼ - ½ lb shrimp (optional)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small - medium onion (chopped)
- 1 blade of eschallot (chopped)
- 1 small - medium hot pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbs oil
- Wash and dry okra thoroughly. Then cut off ends.
- Cross-cut okra, making thin slices (¼" cart wheel shape)
- In a large frying pan, heat oil with medium fire. Lightly fry the shrimp.
- Add chopped onions, tomato, eschallot, hot pepper and okra.
- Occasionally stirring, cook uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes or until darker & tender.
- Add salt to taste and cook for another 5 minutes.
Note: Serve this with dhaal and rice or roti. You can also use frozen okra but omit washing them.