Ingredients1 cup pineapple
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp butter or margarine
- Shred the pineapple. Measure and add 1 cup of sugar to each cup of pineapple pulp.
- Bring slowly to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
- Continue boiling until the mixture forms a soft ball when a little bit of it is dropped into cold water. Remove from the heat.
- Add butter and beat until the mixture feels heavy.
- Pour into a greased pan and cut into squares when cooled.
Recipe compliments of "A Taste of Guyana" - Dr. Odeen Ishmael.
1 lb granulated sugar
- Peel and grate pine, remove all eyes. Add sugar and heat slowly until sugar dissolves.
- Boil quickly until syrup spins a strong thread. Beat for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into a greased pie dish. Cut into squares when cool.