Recipe compliments of "A Taste of Guyana" - Dr. Odeen Ishmael.
Ingredients4 peeled ripe plantains
16 plump shrimps, shelled and deveined
2 tbsp chopped chives or schallots
2 tbsp sherry
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp corn starch
Dash of pepper
Salt to taste
- Cut plantains lengthwise into long slices, about one-eighth of an inch thick, discarding the two round end slices.
- Mince the shrimp into a paste and add other ingredients.
- Roll the long plantain slices into wheel shapes and hold together with toothpicks.
- Fill the plantain wheels on both sides of the toothpicks with the shrimp paste.
- Put on a greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle top with pepper and brush with oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes or until cooked.