Recipe compliments of "A Taste of Guyana" - Dr. Odeen Ishmael.
Ingredients2 lb potatoes
½ lb macaroni
2 green sweet peppers
4 wiri wiri peppers or very hot peppers
1 stalk celery
4 blades shallot
1 tin shelled corn
½ cup mayonnaise
- Peel, wash and dice potatoes. Boil potatoes with salt until tender and drain.
- Boil macaroni separately with salt and drain also. Set aside to cool.
- Wash and chop peppers, celery, and shallot.
- Add this to macaroni and potato.
- Add corn and mayonnaise and mix.
- Add a little evaporated milk until everything is just right to the taste.