Ingredients1 lb peeled prawns
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1½ oz margarine or ghee
1 large onion, finely chopped
1½ lb fresh spinach, chopped
1 vegetable stock cube
Finely chopped fresh chilies to taste
A grate of nutmeg
2 tsp creamed coconut
- Marinate the prawns in lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and ginger for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the prawns in a little margarine or ghee for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Add the remaining margarine or ghee to the prawn juices in the pan.
- Add the onions and spinach and reduce to a moderate heat. Cook covered.
- When partly reduced, crumble in the stock cube and stir.
- Add the chilies, nutmeg, creamed coconut, and prawns.
- Serve with coconut rice and a side salad.