Ingredients1 cup rice
½ lb liver
¼ lb bacon
2 - 3 tbsp cooking oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 - 1½ pt water
1 tbsp chopped celery
1 tbsp chopped eschallot
2 wirri-wirri peppers
- Remove the rind from the bacon and chop together with the liver.
- Heat the oil and fry the bacon and liver until brown. Add the onion and garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the water, celery, eschallot, wirri-wirri peppers, salt and pepper. Stir, cover and leave to cook for about 30 - 40 minutes over a medium heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.