Ingredients1 cup rice
2 cups water
1 - 2 cloves garlic
1½ cups milk
½ lb grated cheese
Onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped herbs
Salt and pepper
Mustard to taste
Cooked peas or grilled tomato
- Cook the rice and the garlic in boiling salted water until soft.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the milk and stir in the cheese.
- Cook slowly until the cheese melts. Add mustard and a little salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs, adding the onions, herbs and finally the milk-cheese mixture, as you beat.
- Mix this with the rice and pour into a buttered loaf tin. Bake in a moderate oven for about 1 hour.
- Garnish with peas or grilled tomatoes, and serve with a savoury sauce.