Ingredients3 plantains, turning yellow
3 squares guava cheese
¼ lb cheese
Batter4 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
Oil for frying
- Peel then cut each plantain into 4 pieces and fry until just turning golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool for a while. Separately, press each piece flat.
- Spread guava cheese on each piece and place a slice of cheese on top.
- Put another piece of plantain on top, like a sandwich. Press tightly together.
- Make a smooth batter from the milk, egg, salt and flour.
- Coat the plantains and fry in hot oil until brown, taking care not to burn.
- Drain well using brown paper to soak up oil, and serve hot.