Ingredients1 lb middle cut sea trout
1 lb yams
2 large firm tomatoes
½ medium-sized cucumbers
1 head lettuce
Salt and pepper
½ lb cabbage
1 tbsp finely chopped herbs
1 large lime
6 tbsp mayonnaise
Note: Queriman may be used instead of the sea trout to make a Queriman Salad.
- Clean and season the fish with salt, pepper and lime juice and leave in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 3 - 4 hours before cooking.
- Scrub, peel and boil the yams, then cut into neat cubes.
- Steam the fish, remove the skin and bones and flake using a fork.
- Add cubed yams to the flaked fish, add chopped herbs and blend carefully with 3 talespoons of mayonnaise, again using the fork. Do not crush.
- Finely shred the cabbage, cut the cucumber into neat cubes and tomatoes into neat chunks. Toss altogether with the remaining 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and keep whole.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a dish, pile the prepared fish mixture in the centre, and arrange the "tossed" vegetables around the fish.