Ingredients½ lb shrimp
½ lb yams
2 small onions
1 oz mayonnaise
1 clove garlic
2 tsp tomato ketchup
½ tsp mustard
1 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp milk
- Peel the yams and put to cook. Boil the shrimp in salty water for about 3 minutes, then drain.
- Fry the onions in half the margarine until lightly browned. Add the garlic, shrimp, ketchup, mustard and vinegar.
- Mix well and sautÃ© for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sieve the yams while hot and mix with a little mayonnaise and milk.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Arrange the yam and shrimp mixture in alternate layers in a greased pie dish, ending with yams.
- Brush with egg and milk and bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes.