Ingredients1 medium sized pumpkin
1 cup onions, chopped
1 tsp vetsin, if desired
3 eggs beaten
2 lb minced beef
1 medium green pepper
¼ tsp pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp powdered clove
8 oz tomato purÃ©e
- With a sharp knife, slice the top from the pumpkin, remove the seeds and scoop out slightly to remove the stringy stuff.
- Plunge the pumpkin into boiling salted water and boil for 10 - 15 minutes or until almost tender. Remove carefully from water and drain well.
- In 3 tablespoons of hot oil in frying pan, sautÃ© the onion until light brown, then add the mince and brown well.
- Add green pepper, 2 teaspoonfuls of seasoned salt, pepper, vetsin, cayenne pepper and garlic. sautÃ© a few minutes then add clove and tomato purÃ©e. Simmer covered for a few minutes, then cool slightly and stir in the eggs.
- Heat oven to 350°F. If required, cut a thin slice from the bottom of the pumpkin shell so it stands upright. Stuff with mixture and cover with the pumpkin lid.
- Place the stuffed pumpkin on a shallow greased baking pan and bake for one hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting into serving portions.