Ingredients1 cup margarine
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 large eggs
3 cups flour (cake and pastry work well)
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric beater, add one egg at a time to mixture then add essence and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt.
- Alternating flour and milk, now mix some flour into wet mixture and blend well, then continue with milk. Alternate between both until they are all mixed well.
- Optional: cut cherries and blend in.
- Bake at 340°F about and hour or until set.
BUTTER OR MARGARINE??? · [ remove ]
1785 days ago