Ingredients¼ cup milk
1 oz flour
¼ tsp baking powder
2 oz sugar
2 cups cooked rice
Some jam or jelly
Oil for frying
FlavouringFew drops of essence
¼ tsp grated nutmeg
½ tsp grated lime or lemon
- Blend the flour, baking powder and milk smoothly, then add to the lightly beaten egg.
- Add the sugar and blend well, using an egg whisk or a fork.
- Loosen the rice with a fork and fold, with the flavouring, into the blended ingredients.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a clean frying pan. Drop in dessertspoonfuls of the mixture, frying one side and then the other. Put to drain on brown paper.
- When still warm, spread with pineapple jam or guava jelly, and serve with tea or coffee.