Tilapia in Oil and Vinegar Sauce
Ingredients2 lb tilapia, cut in slices
1 lemon or lime
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup olive oil
½ cup green pepper sliced
2 large onions, cut in rings
2 bay leaves
2 cloves garlic (whole)
2 hot peppers (whole)
½ cup vinegar
- Remove the skin from the fish, then wash the flesh with lime or lemon.
- Season and coat lightly with flour.
- Fry in the olive oil. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same used oil, fry the onion slices lightly on low heat. Add vinegar, garlic, pepper and bay leaves.
- Add the fried fish and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Note: May be kept several days if an extra ½ cup of vinegar is added. Other fish may be used instead.