Ingredients½ cup cornstarch
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sour milk
½ cup milk
1½ cups sugar
½ cup water
Oil for deep frying
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and baking powder together.
- Add the sour milk and milk, mixing well to form a soft batter.
- Put the sugar and water to boil for 15 minutes to make a thin syrup, then add to milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle, and then squeeze mixture into the hot oil, making a few rounds for one zullia.
- Turn and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil, drain off the excess oil a bit and then dip while hot in the syrup for a few seconds.
- Remove from the syrup and drain completely.
- Serve warm or cold.