Ingredients½ medium sized breadfruit ½ lb cheese 2 tbsp mustard 1 tsp salt 1 tbsp bread crumbs 2 tbsp flour ½ oz margarine 1¾ cups milk or water 1 egg (optional)
- Wash breadfruit and cut into pieces lengthwise.
- Peel and remove core.
- Boil in salted water.
- Grate cheese and grease a pie dish.
- Grate cheese and mix with milk, flour and margarine to make a sauce.
- When breadfruit is cooked and cooled, cut into small pieces.
- Pour the sauce over the breadfruit pieces.
- Stir without breaking breadfruit pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the pie dish.
- Mix the remainder of the cheese with the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the top of the pie.
- Brown in a moderate oven for about 15 minutes.