- 1 medium-sized breadfruit
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 2 oz margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb fish (or meat), steamed and flaked
- 1 chive, finely chopped
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup soft bread crumbs
- Peel breadfruit and cut into cubes. Steam, crush, add hot margarine, and knead.
- Add finely chopped sweet pepper and parsley. Knead in fried onions and seasonings.
- Combine part of flaked fish or meat and bread crumbs. Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Roll out breadfruit mixture in a rectangle. Spread with fish or meat then roll or seal by pressing a knife. brush with egg yolk. Leave ends of loaf open.
- Bake in a flat pan, in a 325°F oven until it is lightly brown.
- Cut in slices and serve.