Ingredients1 cup butter
1½ cups flour
2½ cups sugar
1 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp lemon rind
2 eggs, separated
- Cream the butter for about 5 minutes, then add sugar gradually while still creaming.
- Add the egg yolks and beat until fluffy.
- Fold in the flour gradually, then add the lemon rind.
- Chill the dough for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, measure by the tablespoonful and shape into rounds.
- Roll in beaten egg white, and then in nuts to coat evenly.
- Place on a greased pan and bake in a hot oven for 30 minutes.