Ingredients1 lb dried kidney beans
2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
½ - ¾ lb salted belly of pork, cut into 1 in cubes
2 tbsp soya sauce
2 level tsp dry mustard
1 level tsp salt
Good shake of pepper
- Wash the beans, cover with water and soak overnight.
- Simmer or pressure cook the beans until they are tender.
- Drain and save the liquor. Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the beans, pork and onions and other seasonings in a 2 quart fireproof dish.
- Add enough liquor to cover and bake for 2 hours until tender.