- 1 large eggplant
- 1 small chipped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 oz margarine
- 1 small chili pepper,chipped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Salt to taste
- Cut small slits in the side of the eggplant and push in garlic.
- Roast eggplant in microwave for 20 minutes.
- Remove roasted eggplant and slice it down the middle while it is hot.
- Scoop out cooked inside with spoon and place in a plate.
- Add margarine, salt, onion, tomato and pepper.
- Mix well with a fork.
Note: Roasting can also be done over an open fire.
Ingredients2 large eggplants
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic
1 blade of Eschallot, finely chopped
1 small hot pepper, finely chopped
2 medium tomato
Foil (Four large & Four small sheets)
Salt to taste
2 oz oil
- Roast eggplants over open fire for 3 to 4 minutes, or until skin is soft.
- Make a small slit and insert two garlic in each eggplant then wrap each one with two large sheets of foil. Fold in the ends. Also, wrap each tomato with two small sheets of foil. Place them on medium fire, occasionally turning and touching for softness.
- When entirely soft remove from fire. Open the foil wrap and cut down the middle of the eggplants. Scoop out the inside with a spoon and place into a bowl. Do the same with the tomatoes and place into the same bowl.
- Add all the chopped ingredients and mix well with a fork. Add salt to taste.
- Heat oil and pour over mixture, mix well again with a fork. Serve with Roti.
Note: Make sure eggplants are securely covered with the foil to prevent leakage.