IngredientsCrabs, cleaned and enough for 4
1 bunch dasheen bush, or
2 bunches spinach
6 ochroes (okra), cut in quarters
1 green congo pepper
4 oz coconut milk or cream
Salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
3 oz Vat 19 rum
- Heat the oil in a fairly large pot until hot. Add crab claws and fry for 3 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Add the dasheen bush and ochroes to the pot and stir to coat with oil. Fry for 1 min.
- Add salt, coconut and 8 cups of water and stir.
- Cover the pot and let it come to a boil then cook on med-low heat.
- Add the pepper by gently pushing it under with a spoon, taking care not to burst the pepper when stirring.
- Cook for 20 mins and drink 2 shots of Vat 19 rum.
- Remove the pepper.
- Swizzle and blend the callaloo until fairly thick and like a soup.
- Put the crab back into the pot and let simmer for 15 mins.
- Turn off the stove and you are all done.
- Serve with rice, stew chicken or beef , some provisions, salad etc.