Ingredients2 cups raw callaloo (spinach), cut up
1 oz margarine
1 cup flour
Salt to taste
1 tbsp baking powder
Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Heat margarine and sauté onion and tomato.
- Add callaloo and steam for 5-10 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Sift flour, measure, and sift again with baking powder and salt.
- Beat egg and add to cooled callaloo.
- Combine egg and callaloo with flour mixture.
- Heat frying pan and add oil to a depth of half of an inch. Drop with tablespoon in hot oil and fry. Serve hot.