Ingredients3 cups grated carrot
1½ cup sugar
2 cups flour
4 eggs, slightly beaten with essence
2 tsp spice (cinnamon or allspice)
½ tsp salt
1¼ cup corn or vegetable oil
A little baking powder
- Scrape, wash and grate carrot, and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, spice, salt, eggs, oil and flour with baking powder. Put in greased cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a medium oven, or until side loosens from the edge of the pan.
Ingredients4 cups grated carrot
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1½ cups crushed pineapple
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 tsp ground cinnamon
- See above recipe for first two steps.
- In 12" greased baking pan bake in medium oven for 1¾ hr or until done.
Note: Pumkin can be substituted for carrot.